This is an excellent Bible Reading plan to start out with, or use to refresh yourselves in Him. In just a few minutes a day for a month, you will be stronger in your faith and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!
Day Theme Passage
1. Jesus is Predicted: Isaiah 53
2. The Birth of Jesus: Matthew 1:18–25
3. John the Baptist Prepares the Way for Jesus: Matthew 3:1—4:11
4. Jesus first Miracle Water to Wine and the Samaritan Woman: John 2:1–11; John 4:1–26
5. Jesus is Rejected in His own Hometown: Luke 4:14–30
6. Jesus Calls His Disciples: Luke 5:1–11; Matthew 9:9–13
7. The Sermon on the Mount: Luke 6:17–46
8. The Centurion, the Widow’s Son and a Sinful Woman: Matthew 8:1–13; Luke –17; –50
9. Jesus Encounters the Pharisees: Matthew 12:1–13; 22–45
10. Parable of the Sower, Weeds and Seeds: Matthew 13:1–43
11. Jesus Calms the Storm and Walks on Water: Luke 8:22–25; Mark –56
12. Jesus Heals a Man, a Woman and a Girl: Mark 5:1–43
13. Jesus Feeds the 5000: John 6:1–14
14. Peter Knows Jesus Christ and the Transfiguration: Luke 9:18–27; Luke 17:1–8
15. Healing by Faith: Mark –32
16. More Teachings and Parables: Matthew —
17. More Teachings and Parables: Matthew —
18. The Rich Young Ruler: Mark –31
19. The Disciples Sent Out: Luke 10:1–24
20. The Great Commandment: Mark -44
21. The Parable of the Good Samaritan: Luke 10:25–37
22. The Lord’s Prayer, Jesus Teaches us how to Pray: Luke 11:1–13
23. Jesus Raises Lazarus from the Dead: John 11:1–44
24. The Triumphal Entry into
: Matthew 21:1–27 Jerusalem
25. The Last Supper: John 13:1–17; Matthew 26:17–35
26. The Love of Jesus for the Disciples: John 14–15
27. Jesus Arrested and Betrayed: Matthew 26:36–75
28. Jesus’ Unfair Trial: John —
29. Jesus Crucifixion and Death: John 19:17–42
30. Jesus’ Resurrection and Appearances: John 20–21
31. The Great Commission and the Ascension of Jesus: Matthew 28:16–20; Luke 24:50–53
So in accordance with my 30 Day Blog challenge, I’m starting a 31 Day Life Challenge. I pray every morning and I read my bible every day but I’ve come to realize it’s all become a routine. I don’t actually READ my bible. So here I am, renewing my love with Christ.
I dunno if anyone is interested in joining me but if you are let it be known in the comment section and I may start a Book club type series for this plan. The new disqus app for comments makes conversation via comments easier. You can reply to people and stuff. But I’ll only start that up if enough people show interest. If not. I shall just write my thoughts in my trusty (physical) journal.
I feel like every story and word in the bible has a message if you just look for it. So I’m gonna make sure I get at least one thing from every passage I read. I hope it’s not too hard though.
Reading plan was obtained from here. (They have a bunch of other plans that I may start up once I’m done with this one.)
Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful.